So you’re going on a Mar Hosted Trip – hooray! We are SO excited to dive and travel with you.
MHT is a young and quickly growing company, with very unique trips. That’s why divers love us, but we might do things a little differently than you are used to.
This page is here to help you understand the flow of a Mar Hosted Trip and to make sure you feel that you have all the information you need to have a phenomenal Mar Hosted Experience.
We suggest you bookmark this page and refer back to it as often as you need as you excitedly wait for your upcoming trip!
#1 Your MHT Journey
From beginning to end, here is what you can expect from MHT!
- Confirmation Email
- This will come after you have paid your deposit for a trip. If you haven’t received it, check your promotion and spam filters.
- Whatsapp Group
- You will be added to the WhatsApp group for your trip. This is where 90% of our communication happens.
- Your Trip Site
- We create a special site for every trip. That link will have all the details about travel dates, airport info, packing tips, and anything you might need to know!
- Emails from MHT
- You will receive periodic emails from MHT starting 6 months before your trip start date.
- These contain all the information you need for your Mar Hosted adventure!
WhatsApp is a crucial part of our operations here at Mar Hosted Trips. It’s an excellent tool for group communication, and it’s also the primary communication app for most of Latin America and other parts of the world.
You can download WhatsApp here. They also have a desktop app, so if you spend a lot of time on the computer that can be a helpful tool!
#3 Info Forms
There are two main farms you may have to fill out before your Mar Hosted trip. Links to these are found in the description of your Whatsapp group for the trip.
Traveler Information Form
This is found in the group description of your Whatsapp group. Just click the link!
This is a Google form that you will fill out before every Mar Hosted trip. We collect your travel info, upgrade and add-on options, and ask a few questions about your personality.
The reason you do this before every trip is that we use the answers collected here to match up roommates and dive buddies! So don’t be afraid to be honest about your travelling style. It will help us help you have the best time on your trip!
This is a spreadsheet that we only use on trips that have more complicated travel requirements. Some of our more exotic locations have layovers or multiple flights so we use this spreadsheet to keep track of everyone!